The SM6841 is a small outline SO-8 packaged pressure sensor that incorporates SMI's new piezoresistive pressure sensing die. This sensor is intended for high volume applications where cost is a critical factor.
The SM6841 is available as an absolute pressure sensor in full-scale range of 30 psi (200 kPa) and 100 psi (700 kPa). It is designed to be surface-mounted on ceramic or PCB substrates by high volume OEM manufacturers.
The SM6841 is available in a non-ported, centered hole configuration to be used for sensing general environmental pressure or measure pressure in a manifold configuration with an O-ring seal. The standard configuration offers a protective gel over the die. A non-gel version is also available for high volumes where the maximum stability is required, such as barometric weather station sensing applications. The SM6841 is shipped tape & reel.
- 15 psi, absolute pressure (other ranges available upon request)
- Wide temperature range (-40C to +125C)
- Suitable for automated assembly
- Constant current or constant voltage drive
- Millivolt output
- Medical - negative pressure wound therapy, surgical & respiratory equipment
- Pressure switches
- Hand-held gauges
- Environmental monitoring
- Sports equipment