The SM5420 is a small outline SO-8 packaged pressure sensor. The sensor is intended for high volume applications where cost is a critical factor, such as consumer tire pressure gauges or automotive tire pressure monitoring.
The SM5420 is configured as an absolute sensor in full-scale ranges of 15 psi, 30 psi and 100 psi. It is designed to be surface-mount on ceramic or PC board substrates by high volume OEM manufacturers.
The SM5420 is available in a ported configuration to allow positive positioning of a pressure source over the inlet or in a non-ported configuration to be used for sensing general environmental pressures or with an O-ring seal.
The part comes with gel over the die as standard; the part can be ordered without gel in high volumes where the maximum stability is required, such as barometric, weather station sensing applications. The SM5420 is shipped tape-and-reel.
- Ultra small SO-8 package
- 15, 30, 100 psi (103,207, 689 kPa)
- Additional pressure ranges available upon request
- Wide temperature range (-40°C to 125°C)
- Suitable for automated assembly
- Extremely low cost
- Constant current or constant voltage drive
- High millivolt output
- Automotive tire pressure (TPMS)
- Engine control
- Barometric sensing
- Altitude correction detection
- Pneumatic gauges
- Hand-held meters
- Home appliances