The MS5805-02BA is a new generation of high resolution altimeter sensors from TE Connectivity with I2C bus interface. It is optimized for altimeters and variometers with an altitude resolution of 20 cm.
The sensor module includes a high-linearity pressure sensor and an ultra low power 24 bit ADC with internal factory-calibrated coefficients. It provides a precise digital 24 Bit pressure and temperature value and different operation modes that allow the user to optomize for conversion speed and current consumption.
A high-resolution temperature output allows the implementation of an altimeter/thermometer function without any additional sensor. The MS5805-02BA can be interfaced to any microcontroller. The communication protocol is simple, without the need of programming internal registers in the device. This new sensor module generation is based on leading TE Connectivity and latest benefits from TE Connectivity's proven expertise and knowhow in high volume manufacturing of altimeter modules. Low hysteresis and high stability of both pressure and temperature signal.
- Pressure range from 30 to 1200 mbar with extended pressure of 10-2000 mbar
- High resolution of 20 cm
- Fast conversion down to 0.5 ms
- Supply voltage 1.8 to 3.6V
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- I2C interface
- No external components (internal oscillator)
- RoHS-compatible & Pb-free
- Low power, 0.6 µA
- Sealing designed for 2.5 x 1 mm O-ring
- Mobile altimeter/barometer systems
- Bike computers
- Adventure or multi-mode watches