The MS5540 is a SMD-hybrid device including a precision piezoresistive pressure sensor and an ADC-Interface IC.
It is a miniature version of the MS5534 barometer/altimeter module and provides a 16 Bit data word from a pressure and temperature dependent voltage. MS5540 is a low power, low voltage device with automatic power down (ON/OFF) switching. A 3-wire interface is used for all communications with a micro-controller.
Compared to MS5534, the pressure range (measurement down to 10 mbar) has been improved. Other improvements concern the ESD sensitivity, current consumption and converter accuracy. The MS5540 is fully software compatible to the MS5534. In addition, the MS5540 is from its outer dimensions compatible to the MS54XX series of pressure sensors. The gel protection of the sensor provides a water protection sufficient for 100 m waterproof watches without any additional protection.
|Solder||Pb free Solder Bumps|
- 10 - 1100 mbar absolute pressure range
- 6 coefficients for software compensation stored on-chip
- Piezoresistive silicon micromachined sensor
- Integrated miniature pressure sensor 6.2 x 6.4 mm
- 15 Bit ADC
- 3-wire serial interface
- 1 system clock line (32.768 kHz)
- Low voltage and low power consumption
- RoHS-compatible & Pb-free
- Mobile altimeter/barometer systems
- Weather control systems
- Adventure or multi-mode watches
- GPS receiver