The MS5837 is a new generation of high resolution pressure sensors with I2C bus interface for depth measurement systems with a water depth resolution of 2 mm for the 30BA model (calibrated 0-30 bar). The MS5837-02BA01 model is calibrated from 3-1200 mbar and has an altitude resolution at sea level of 13 cm of air.
The sensor module includes a high linearity pressure sensor and an ultra low power 24 bit ADC with internal factory-calibrated coefficients. It provides precise digital 24 bit pressure and temperature values and different operation modes that allow the user to optimize for conversion speed and current consumption. A high resolution temperature output allows for implementation in depth measurement systems and thermometer function without any additional sensor. The communication protocol is simple, without the need of programming internal registers in the device. The gel protection and antimagnetic stainless steel cap make the module water resistant.
- Ceramic - metal package, 3.3 x 3.3 x 2.5 mm
- High resolution module 0.2 mbar
- Fast conversion down to 0.5 ms
- Low power, 0.6 µA (standby less than 0.1 µA at 25°C)
- Supply voltage 1.5 to 3.6 V
- Operating range for MS5837-30BA01: 0 to 30 bar, -20°C to +85°C
- Operating range for MS5837-02BA01: 30-1200 mbar, -20°C to +85°C
- I2C interface
- No external components
- Excellent long term stability
- Hermetically sealed for outdoor devices
- Mobile water depth measurement systems
- Diving computers
- Adventor or multi-mode watches