Posifa Technologies announces its new PVC4100 series fully calibrated MEMS Pirani vacuum transducer. Designed for cost-effective OEM integration, the device consists of a surface-mount MEMS Pirani sensor and microcontroller-based measuring electronics — all packaged in an ultra-compact PCB assembly featuring a connector-terminated wire harness.
The sensor element is based on Posifa's proven, second-generation MEMS thermal conduction chip operating under the principle that the thermal conductivity of gases is proportional to their vacuum pressure.
The electronics and microprocessor amplify and digitize the sensor signal, and provide the output via an I2C interface. Because the thermal conductivity of a vacuum varies with the ambient temperature, a temperature compensation algorithm is implemented in the microprocessor, taking input from a built-in temperature sensor.
To facilitate integration, the PVC4100 includes a connector-terminated wire harness that is soldered onto the PCB assembly.
- Range: 0.1 to 760,000 mTorr (0.13 to 101kPa)
- Fast response time 250 ms
- Accuracy is 15% reading from 1 mTorr to 200,000 mTorr
- Low power consumption for battery-powered instruments
- Pulsed sensor excitation to prevent signal drift in high vacuum conditions
- Resistant to contamination
- Max overpressure of 27.5 bar
- Leak detection in any closed system maintained under primary vacuum, such as vacuum-insulated panels
- Portable digital vacuum gauges