The PAV3000 was designed as an economical high-performance air velocity sensor in space-constrained spaces such as thermal management & HVAC systems. Unlike thermistor-based solutions, the Posifa MEMS sensor core is minimally affected by ambient temperature changes and provides instant real-time feedback on proper airflow at server blades.
The sensor die uses a pair of thermopiles to detect changes in temperature gradient caused by mass flow, delivering excellent signal-to-noise and repeatability. The "solid-state" thermal isolation structure on the sensor die eliminates the need for a surface cavity or fragile membrane used in competing technologies, making the sensor resistant to clogging and pressure shock. The PAV3000 is surface mountable and provides a digital I2C output.
- Various flow ranges of 0-73 m/sec (PAV3005D) or 0-15 m/s (PAV3015D)
- Highly accurate: 5% of reading
- Long-term stability with minimal null drift
- Solid-state sensing core (no surface cavity or fragile membrane, resistant to clogging and pressure shock
- Fast response time of 125 ms
- Supply voltage of 3.3VDC
- Digital I2C output
- Repeatability of 1%
- Small size of 7.7 mm long X 8 mm wide
- Evaluation board available (PAV3000EVB)
- Data center thermal management
- HVAC VAV damper control
- HVAC filter monitoring