The CPS121 is an absolute pressure sensor solution with a fully-calibrated pressure and temperature-compensated digital output for pressure ranges from 300-1200 mbar (30-120 kPa). Excellent accuracy of ±1.7 mbar and an operating supply voltage range 2.3V to 5.5V targets battery and other low-power applications.
The CPS121 includes a resistive type bridge pressure sensor and a 24-bit ADC for high resolution and accurate pressure measurements. An integrated sigma-delta-based ADC combined with internal calibration logic provides accurate pressure and temperature measurements to the application via the I2C interface. There is no need to separately download internal calibration coefficients and have the host microcontroller conduct complicated compensation calculations.
- Low power consumption, excellent for battery and other low power applications
- External clock not required
- High resistance to sensing media
- Factory calibrated pressure and temperature sensor for 300 mbar up to 1200 mbar (approximately 4 psi to 17 psi)
- Supply voltage: 2.0V to 5.5V
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Pressure Accuracy: ±0.1 kPa from 0°C to 50°C, 95 kPa to 105 kPa
- Temperature accuracy: ±1.0°C
- Sleep state current consumption: <200nA at 25°C
- Top side sensing port
- Portable and stationary barometers
- Weather stations
- GPS applications
- Hard disk drives
- Industrial equipment
- Air control systems
- Vacuum systems
- Many users also consider humidity measurements. We suggest taking a look at the MVH4000 humidity sensor.