AM460 is a universal converter and amplifier IC with a number of additional functions. The IC basically consists of an amplifier, whose gain can be set externally, and parallel output stages which can condition signals referenced to ground in industrial voltage and current signals.
An additional reference voltage source for the supply of external components is also included in the device. A further operational amplifier can be connected up as a current source, voltage reference or comparator. AM460 enables industrial standard voltage (e.g. 0-5/10V) and current loop (e.g. 4-20 mA) signals to be produced relatively easily.
Input: single ended
Output: 0-5VDC, 0-10VDC, or 4...20mA
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 6...35V
- Wide Operating Temperature Range: -40°C...+85°C
- Adjustable integrated reference volage source 4.5 to 10V
- Additional voltage/current source
- Operational amplifier with integrated driver stage
- Adjustable amplification
- Analog parallel voltage: 0-5V/10V and current output 4...20mA
- Protection against reverse polarity and short-circuiting
- Output current limit
- Low-cost device: replaces a number of discrete elements
- 2 and 3-wire operation