The SM4XXX Series is a digital and analog, medium pressure MEMS sensor family offering state-of-the-art pressure transducer and CMOS mixed signal processing technology to produce a digital, fully-conditioned, multi-order pressure and temperature-compensated sensor in SOIC-16 package with a dual vertical porting option.
It is available in both compound gauge or differential pressure configurations. With the dual porting, a vacuum gauge measurement is possible to minimize altitude errors due to changes in ambient pressure.
The SM4X91 Series has both I2C & analog outputs while the SM4X21 Series has I2C only.
The pressure sensor can be mounted directly on a standard printed circuit board and a high level, calibrated pressure signal can be acquired from the digital interface. This eliminates the need for additional circuitry, such as a compensation network or a microcontroller containing a custom correction algorithm.
- Pressure ranges from 2.5 psi to 14.9 psi in gauge (SM42X1), differential, (SM43X1) or asymmetrical (SM44X1) configurations
- I2C digital interface (model is SM4X21) or I2C & analog (SM4x91)
- Compensated temperature range of -20°C up to 85°C
- ±1% FS accuracy
- Insensitive to mounting orientation
- Robust JEDEC SOIC-16 package
- Medical - ventilators, oxygenators, fluid evacuation, negative wound therapy
- Gas flow instrumentation
- Airflow monitors
- Life sciences
- Safety cabinets and other critical contamination equipment
- Pneumatic gages
- Pressure switches
- Sports equipment