The MS5806-02BA is a new generation of high resolution altimeter sensors with SPI and I2C interface. It is optimized for altimeters and variometers with an altitude resolution of 20 cm.
The sensor module includes a high linearity pressure sensor and an ultra low power 24 bit ADC with interal factory-calibrated coefficients. It povides a precise digital 24 bit pressure and temperature value and different operation modes that allow the user to optimize for conversion sped and current consumption.
A high resolution temperature output allows the implementation of an altimeter/thermometer function without any additional sensor. The MS5806-02BA can be interfaced to virtually any microcontroller. The communication protocol is simple, without the need of programming internal registers in the device. The gel protection and antimagnetic stainless steel cap allows the use in 100m water resistant altimeter/compass watches. This new sensor module generation is based on leading MEMS technology and latest benefits from TE Connectivity. The sensing principle employed leads to very low hysteresis and high stability of both pressure and temperature signals.
- Extended pressure range from 10 to 2000 mbar, operating range of 300-1100 mbar
- High resolution of 20 cm
- Fast conversion down to 1 ms
- Supply voltage 1.8 to 3.6V
- Low power, 1 µA (standby less than 0.15 µA)
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- I2C or SPI interface
- No external components (internal oscillator)
- RoHS-compatible & Pb-free
- Hermetically sealable for outdoor devices
- Mobile altimeter/barometer systems
- Bike computers
- Adventure or multi-mode watches